First of all, I have to make the standard disclaimer – try this on an inconspicuous spot before smearing it all over your appliance! Now, on to the tip! How many of you have a love/hate relationship with your “stainless” appliances? Me too! First of all, I put “stainless” in quotation marks because I have come to question how many of us have true stainless appliances. Why? Because I recently discovered that a magnet adheres to my fridge – and magnets typically do not adhere to stainless steel! So, perhaps it is an alloy, but it is obviously not 100% stainless steel. But, I digress. I recently had had my fill with yet again trying to clean my appliances with stainless steel cleaner and feeling like I was just smearing stuff around making more streaks than I had to begin with. So, I took out my Bar Keepers Friend (SOFT CLEANSER VERSION) and tried a tad on my dishwasher – in an inconspicuous – well we already covered that. Anyway, it worked like a charm! So, I cleaned the entire dishwasher surface and it shone like the first day I got it! Amazing! So, I repeated the process on my other appliances and every one of them looked fantastic. A few things to remember:
- I have only tried this with the “SOFT CLEANSER” version pictured above – and recommend you do the same. The powdered version would be too abrasive.
- Shake well
- Test it on your particular surface
- Use a SMALL amount like the directions say to
- Go with the “grain” of the appliance when applying, rinsing and drying
- It says rinse within 60 seconds – make sure you do!
- A flour sack towel is great for drying
I wouldn’t use this as your every-day cleaner, I don’t think it is meant to be that. But, after application, it does make daily cleaning with your regular choice of cleanser much easier!